SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Aim of the project:
DECENT WORK GREATEST CHALLANGE: OCCUPATIONAL STRESS
To promote national and international policies for decent work and to develop system for reduction of occupational stress at police officers work-places
- To promote the decent work goals and the rights of police officers in the field of occupational stress in reference with all strategic documents.
- To develop methodology ensuring health and safety at work places and reduction of occupational stress in reference with all strategic documents.
- To establish a sustainable mechanism for enhancing decent work benefits.
- To expand the circle of trained police officers.
- Opening conference
- Development of methodology for conducting research on: the knowledge of police officers about the benefits of decent work, the health and safety and occupational stress, internal resources and the effectiveness of national policies in this field.
- Conducting of research in the whole country: promoting decent work and identifying key issues and benefits of police officers, the potential for development of skills for reduction of the occupational stress.
- Analyzing focus groups' results and development of methodology which includes: promotion of benefits and key competences and skills for popularization of decent work benefits and measures for health, safety and reduction of occupational stress.
- Conducting 6 trainings for raising of knowledge about the decent work and development of key skills and competences for ensuring safety and health and reduction of occupational stress at work places. Preparation of proposal to the Ministry of Interior for adoption of methodology for promotion of the decent work's benefits and financing further trainings and information campaigns throughout the country and conducting negotiations.
- Conducting 10 trainings in Bulgaria about decent work's benefits and occupational stress reduction by trained in activity 5 police officers.
- Conducting training of trainers of motivated to participate police officers in activity 6 who will ensure the sustainability of project results.
- Preparation of system for mutual learning and schedule for information campaign about decent work benefits and reduction of occupational stress in other 90 decentralized TUFEMIs structures.
- Summary conference
- Monitoring and publicity of the project
- Established an efficient system for promotion of the decent work health, safety and reduction of occupational stress.
- Analyzed the knowledge about the decent work and working conditions referring to personal safety and security of the police officers.
- Reduced the negative impact of occupational stress in personal and professional lives of police officers and ensured decent work and decent life.
- Included at least 200 police officers in the study and identified key issues about the decent work.
- Identified the key knowledge and skills which police officers must possess for promoting the decent work and reduction of the occupational stress.
- Trained at least 160 police officers to promote benefits of decent work.
- Developed system for personal development based on the principles of mutual learning.
- Changed the image of police officers and started changes which will make the police more supportive institution.